Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mistakes

Like any other post, I want to say that this one is looooong due, but it is not. It is soo amazing that you learn lot of things from mistakes. I have read about it hundreds, may be thousands of times, definitely experienced it thousands of times but every time, it is a new thrill. It actually starts with hating yourself, followed by guilt, then smile, then moving on making sure not to repeat it again. Surprisingly, I had the guts to make a mistake which probably no one I knew did so far. I confessed to my interviewer that I did not eat and sleep for the past two days and apologized. Seems a fair thing to do but imagine what my interviewer was thinking when I told him this. He should probably had thought " What a nerve on this idiot?" but he was pleasant enough not to say that. I learnt several things from this, being honest gives you personal satisfaction, courage to write something like this in public and also teaches you to take enough rest and prepare well for all the future interviews, meetings and any other important stuff. Dear Mr.Interviewer, I am extremely sorry but I was not lying and I did not want to waste your time.

No comments: